www.flickr.com

2006-07-13

Tickets are booked! Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal

Well I've gone and done it, I'll by flying to Toronto on August 27th and flying back to Vancouver on September 16th. What happens during those 20 days I've not quite figured out, but generally here's the plan:

- 8 days in and around Toronto, including Labour day long weekend (!). I hope to hang out with some friends, make contact with at least one old acquaintance, and explore this city!

- 7 days between Ottawa and Montreal. I've heard the train is the way to travel here and I'll need to book accommodations early; this is still something I need to figure out. Also this part of the trip will be fairly compressed; I'd like to visit the "big places" in Ottawa, and pretty much just spend a few days hanging out with whatever cool people I happen to bump into in Montreal. And visit at least one Jazz club.

- And to wrap up, 5 days visiting dear Mom in PEI :) It's already been two years since we last were able to give each other a hug. How odd to know that the last time I was in PEI (5 years ago?), photography was something other people did, not me.

2 Comments:

Blogger knitty_kat said...

Boy, that sounds like a rather busy couple of days.

I would check out the web sites for the places you are going to go & talk to some locals (or former) to see what they recommend. Toronto.com will let you know all the things that are going on around then.

I would also happily meet up with you! Sadly it will have to be on a weekend as I have to work!

3:21 p.m.  
Blogger slightly-less-random said...

Hey that's great :)

10:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home