www.flickr.com

2006-07-02

Canada Day

There's something nice about returning to Canada on Canada day. Despite the day being very busy for the airports, there were no problems and my flight even arrived a few minutes early. There was a surprising shortage of patriotic accoutrements; I somewhat expected to be handed a flag to show my pride but all I got was a peppering of questions pertaining to my work and educational background.

The day was brought to a close in the company of Rachael, Mandy and Zak. We had a very nice beachside picnic with a complete view; seadooers frolicking in the swimmers area, loons wearing purple underwear, long shadows cast from tilly-clad tourists. It was a cool and entertaining spot that we chose for our relax-in-the-grass kind of take-out.

It was great to see Mandy again (still waiting on film from the last time we met) and to meet her husband Zak. Zak is very much a believer in open source, he's made it central to his work and it's refreshing to meet someone so dedicated to building community around tools many of us take for granted (such as Firefox).

3 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

It was great to see you too, Ben! I really enjoyed thhe evening, I think we should do it again sometime. :)

9:17 p.m.  
Blogger slightly-less-random said...

Yes!

11:21 p.m.  
Blogger Rachael said...

We definately will.

2:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home