www.flickr.com

2006-06-09

On cat sitting and needing birdfeed

So nearly a week ago George the Cat came into my life. Rachael connected me with Noriko and Jason, who are in Japan for three weeks and needed someone to look after George. Jason and I have been getting to know each other, especially after discovering that we eat at the same place on the weekends, Sapodilla's.

It's been really nice to have George around, I've forgotten how good it feels to have a cat follow you around the home, for the sole reason that at any moment you might dispense a little bit of cat-love. It's taken a week but finally I'm back into remembering all the ways to get a cat like George to roll around in cat-ecstacy; we're getting along just fine. Petting a cat well is really its own reward, as I find it to be quite a relaxing thing.

Also along with George came a feeding machine. This is seriously the greatest invention ever made. The machine dispenses food at specific times of the day and in specific amounts. Overfeeding George? Not me! Can I take off and not worry about if he's fed? You bet I can! All I need now is a automatic watering machine and I could leave George alone for a week. George likes to watch the birds eat the food on my deck, so once the birdfeed outside runs out he'd start to get bored, and bored cats tend to turn their focus to wires and cables, so I could only stay away from the apartment as long as the birdfeed on the deck lasts. Now with an automatic birdfeed machine...

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachael said...

Uh, if George had an automatic water AND food dispenser then why would Noriko and Jason need to leave him with you? Animals need company and attention just as much as they need food.

9:39 a.m.  
Blogger sonneva said...

It's awesome you have a cat around again, even if only for awhile... Always great to have the company of a warm furry ball of fluff that loves you unconditionally. I think I'd be miserable without my cats!

8:08 a.m.  
Blogger Sara said...

Like the auto-cat-watering machine that Sam has??
I hear ya about the kitty love... It was great to cuddle up and sleep with Pukah last night after being gone all weekend and hear him purring as I fell asleep!

9:07 a.m.  
Blogger sonneva said...

Mine isn't an auto waterer, it is a fountain that re-circulates the water and keeps it tasting fresh. It still needs to be refilled often.

10:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home