www.flickr.com

2006-06-09

Finally getting on top of things

It's been a long time coming, but I finally feel like I'm getting on top of the day-to-day keeping of the home. It was typically the case that I'd just let things pile up until they were a terrible tangle of papers and bills and pocket fluff, then when I had to clean just shove everything into a bucket and wisk it away. There's nothing wrong with this unless you feel bad about it, and I was feeling pretty bad about it. I've been trying to cultivate the skill of spending a few minutes throughout the day to just make tidying up an integral part of the day.

So yesterday I came home from work. The kitchen was clean, the desk was tidy, the living space was mostly in order, and George the cat met me at the door and wondering why wasn't I around to pet him all day. It was pretty nice! Coming home to a clean space, my space, somehow felt really satisfying.

4 Comments:

Blogger sonneva said...

Yay! I always find I'm better able to focus when in a clean space, I'm also more likely to cook properly etc. When did you get a cat? Or are you just cat sitting?

11:18 a.m.  
Blogger slightly-less-random said...

Cat sitting! Hey, that's an idea for a post...

3:56 p.m.  
Blogger [The User] said...

This is brilliant! I love the feeling of clean and spare spaces, which is why I think I love the Japanese aesthetic so much - modernism without the brutality.

5:51 p.m.  
Blogger Rachael said...

I can hardly wait to see.

9:37 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home