www.flickr.com

2006-08-14

Knitta!

Last week I hosted my first mini "stitch-n-bitch" ;). Rachael and Mandy came over for dinner, and Mandy introduced me to knitting basics while Rachael worked on some of her shots of Kirsti. Now I can start to appreciate the work that goes into knitting! Also I can start to appreciate the talent demonstrated by a few of the knitters I know, wow do I ever know some talented people. What twigged me to knitting is a new style of street art whereby people knit "pole socks" and leave them to decorate, well, poles. Parking sign poles, stop sign poles, etc. I can't wait to decorate my neighbourhood!

Thank you Mandy!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachael said...

Guy knitters are so hawt. How soon can you start knitting me a new hat? ;p

9:14 a.m.  
Blogger Mandy said...

My pleasure. Let me know when you want another lesson. I can't wait to see what you come up with!! :)

12:27 p.m.  
Blogger sonneva said...

I gotta start knitting again. I learned last summer and really enjoyed it, but haven't really done much since. Go Ben! Kick some granny ass :P

5:13 p.m.  
Blogger slightly-less-random said...

I brought my knitting on my trip and was knitting in the hotel last night (while watching "Groundhog Day", I cried). Every possible way to screw up, I think I've almost covered them all off!

Almost got a little square done perfectly - but then right at the very end, the very last step of casting off where I'm supposed to tie a knot in the one loop left, something went wrong. Ah well, that's what today is for!

7:20 a.m.  
Blogger knitty_kat said...

it's not so much that you tie a knot in it as you pull it THROUGH the final loop, there by making the knot.

There are pole knitters there?! KEWL! I've heard about them, I think you should photograph them.

9:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home