www.flickr.com

2006-05-01

Ten great things about the weekend

1) Playing with watercolours on Friday night. Also something learned this week: Painting is fun!
2) Checking out the Opus "garage sale"; picked up some acrylics (for face paint) and a colour pack that included pencils, markers, pastels, and watercolours. Also a few books and frames and a couple brushes and ... spent a little too much!
3) Pasting up a pastel painting. Gee colour is nice.
4) Meeting Sam at Sapodilla's for breakfast; good to catch up and also see what prints made from 120 negs look like. Neat!
5) Running into Travis (to be honest, he saw me first) at Sapodilla's and saying hello to Jason as well.
6) Checking out the annual plant sale at the VanDusen Botanical Garden. I purchased a Passion Flower (passiflora cerulea), they look amazing! My new interest in gardening has been in no small part fuelled by the explosion of colour happening on my deck (thanks Sam!) As a foray into gardening it may not have been the wisest of moves (they require a great deal of attention) but I do have a good spot for this sun-loving climber. Plus, a garden says something about its owner and what could describe me better than an extravagant sun-loving climber?
7) Checking out the flea market with Joanna, Chris and Bill. It was my first time there, what a neat market! Tons of crap for cheap. Someone was selling a boxed set of OS/2 Warp 3. How very 1996.
8) Lunch at Phnom Penh - thanks Chris! I had the "Combo C" and it was delicious.
9) Receiving a wonderful soup recipe from Joanna.
10) Achieving something new photographically on a knarly piece of driftwood near kits.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachael said...

Hmm. Reading about the restaurant is making me hungry. I guess I'll go make some dinner.

5:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home