www.flickr.com

2006-04-18

"Up way too late due to flickr..."

Internet related sleep deprivation is holding me back from some of the personal and professional development I so desperately need right now. At 11pm yesterday I was home and considering sleeping. Instead I wrote in my journal, read a few pages of my current book, then blogged about my weekend and surfed around to some other blogs and on flickr. I enjoyed these activities, but I need to find ways of getting more sleep, since sleep deprivation is holding me back.

I found an essay written by second year biology student Sarah Ledoux, The Effects of Sleep Deprivation on Brain and Behavior. Overall the essay seems to be well written and brings together some interesting resources on sleep deprivation. Of course, I will have to come back to it some time when I am not sleep deprived, since I can't focus for more than a few sentences at a time.

This led me to the hosting website, Serendip, "a gathering place for people who suspect that life's instructions are always ambiguous and incomplete." Try hovering your mouse over the smaller serendip logo.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachael said...

Sounds like another flickr break is in order.

10:26 p.m.  
Blogger sonneva said...

Would you like some more Valerian Root tea? :)

12:22 a.m.  
Blogger sonneva said...

Also reading the article on sleep deprivation at the end of a graveyard shift is damn impossible... must be be sleep deprivation affecting my cognitive abilities. :P

7:17 a.m.  
Blogger slightly-less-random said...

You know, I'm thinking about another flickr break. But if I'm going to do it again, it will have to be for longer (2 weeks) and with more lead-up time (at least 2 weeks).

Thanks for the offer of Valerian but I'm still stocked, and besides even Valerian isn't strong enough to stop me from surfing. It has to be internally sourced.

10:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home