www.flickr.com

2006-04-20

Wally's Photowalk

Yesterday evening I had the pleasure of joining the vandigicam crew (with special guests kurly_kat and barrybar) on a photowalk from the Mt. Pleasant clock up Kingsway to Wally's burgers. The gang was caught on film by someone shooting a movie project. I used the walk as an opportunity to improve my portraiture skills, which are developing slowly but surely. Hopefully Christopher Evans will find it in him to forgive me for "that photo". Let's just squash any rumours right now; Chris and I are ... well, maybe I'll leave the rumour squashing for another day.

Following the walk was a pretty decent burger but the real attraction of Wally's seems to be the milkshakes. They use real fruit and I've got to say, my pineapple milkshake was tremendous. Jim entertained us with his photo printer the krazy kaleidoscope effects that his camera can do.

A special highlight for me was Jamie lending me his Canonet GIII QL-17. I've started to develop an affinity for the Canonet cameras due to their compact and unassuming nature, and thanks to Rachael who lent me her Canonet 28. Thanks Jamie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home