www.flickr.com

2006-02-25

The Gallery, Ideas and Art

Perspective

Even more confusing?


Yesterday I had the pleasure of visiting the Vancouver Art Gallery. Every time I go I enjoy the experience and yesterday was no exception. In fact, I enjoyed it so much I'm considering going back again today. The works of Brian Jungen are fascinating, but it was a painting of Takao Tanabe that caused me to bolt up out of bed around 5 am, open my image editor, and start working on one of my photos.

The painting in question is a colourful arrangement of abstract shapes, mounted in the corner of a room. The shapes and colours are somehow interesting (gotta love that abstract quality!) but it was the mounting of the painting that hit me as I slept. I'm not sure I've ever seen a painting mounted in the corner like that.

Now I've ripped one of my less favourite photos from its frame and mounted it in a corner, and I must say I like it better that way. I just wish it was about 5 times bigger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home