www.flickr.com

2006-02-23

Portraiture & the Music Man


Music Man
Originally uploaded by slightly-less-random.
Ok, so I was out with the vandigicam gang and we came across this guy, walking along the sidewalk with a friend of his. He was obviously a musician, he has a flying V guitar over his shoulder, and a presence that just cannot be denied.

So I begged him for his photograph. Yes, begged him. This shows to me that I've learned about 10% of what it takes to take great portraits. I at least have an interesting subject and the will to engage, and that's got to count for something.

With careful attention and practice, I think that in 2 or 3 years I'll be able to take portraits that really pop.

I look forward to the day when I can let the less experienced photographer take the less perfect portraits. In the meantime, I'll enjoy engaging interesting people with every bit of skill that I can muster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home