www.flickr.com

2006-03-10

Wordpress or Drupal?

My homepage needs a facelift, badly. The time has come to step away from the static HTML/CSS combo that I've been using for hacking together this little site, and towards a tool for blogging or content management.

So the question basically comes down to, which tool should I choose, Wordpress or Drupal?

Both tools satisfy some basic requirements:
- Open source.
- Large userbase.
- Mature technology.
- Run on linux.
- Can us MySQL as a backend database.

Most importantly of all, I have friends in several different circles of that use these tools. I've decided to evaluate both and go from there. It will take several weeks or perhaps a month or two for me to perform evaluations, and I also need to brush up on my MySQL skills before I can really hit my stride. The tools, especially Drupal, can require a hefty amount of base knowledge to get out of the gate.

It may simply come down to a simple question; what do I want to do with my home site?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home