www.flickr.com

2006-03-28

Famine

I added up my hours for March today and realized that I am falling very short of a full month. 1/3 of a full month. I thought January and February were tight, but not even close compared to how tight March has been. This will mean I need to take immediate and extreme actions to curtail spending and try to find cash in corners.

Probably this will be good, overall. It is good to starve every once in a while, it cleanses habits and forces change which might be needed. I will need to choose a couple of social activities carefully and be very frugal about it (there is a long-weekend trip I want to take part in that is certainly going to happen, that is for sure). No eating out, I will need to pack lunches and make dinners. I may need to sell some of my belongings. Some of my things have been just sitting in a corner, waiting to get sold, so that is not a bad thing.

Moving won't help, since it will be a month until I save any money. By then work will be under a new contract and no matter if we have work or not I will not be in this position. If it is not, then I will simply decide that I made a bad choice in careers, and begin major changes.

There is a core within me that wants to grow, wants to become more in everything that I do. This will be a time for exercising that core. Re-evaluating priorities, re-enforcing skills, and refining my ability to live efficiently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home