www.flickr.com

2006-03-21

Ten great things about the weekend

This is a re-write of a previous post that seems to have vanished some where between writing and posting.

1) Discovered that it takes 25 minutes to bike from Oak & Broadway to Oak & 70th. It is amazing how fast a bicycle can move around the city, if the route is good.
2) Was given a journal, a Moleskine, by Jen. I love it, Thanks Jen! I've consumed 6 pages already, but I'm not worried about expending it too early. If anything this is an opportunity to commit to paper many feelings that are still fresh.
3) Rode my bicycle with Sam out to New Westminster, great ride!
4) Beautiful weather, we've been very blessed with the weather for weekends lately.
5) Found an Agfa Jsolette in an antique store.
6) Cleaning. Serious cleaning.
7) Moved most of my books onto a bookshelf. Re-discovered some of my unread and partly-read books.
8) Passed my belay test. Now I can belay in the Cliffhanger gym. This is great for my health and once the weather gets better, I really hope to make climbing outdoors a regular thing. Scheduled climbing with different people for Tuesday and Wednesday evening.
9) Enjoyed dinner with friends on Sunday evening; together we created something.
10) Had a discussion about free will, spirituality and the afterlife.

With every passing day I feel life is becoming sharper, bigger, more real. The thrill of existence was re-enforced.

2 Comments:

Blogger [The User] said...

Some thoughts:

on #1: A few years ago when there was a transit strike I was taking a photography course at Focal Point. I thought it was going to be a pain to get out there but I found from Main St. out to the school took 30mins or less. I biked everywhere during that strike, I loved it!

on #8: Some you've got some free climb time do you? Let me know if you want that harness right away and we can arrange for you to pick it up.

5:13 p.m.  
Blogger [The User] said...

Previous post should read 'so' instead of 'Some'. Why isn't there an edit function?

5:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home