www.flickr.com

2005-08-20

That photo

Giving head to a white collar criminal


This photo sort of came together spontaneously as at least 5 different people contributed ideas to it. So in a way it is my photo - I took it - but it is also not my photo. This means that anything I do with this photo, I have to consider how other people feel about it. Part of the problem here is that I don't know everyone involved well enough (like Diana and Laura) to really gauge how they feel about it.

It is kind of classless; but that's also something I like about it. It speaks to me - unlike many of my own photographs. This one has a message, something about white collar criminals having their cake and eating it too. It should stay up for this. But it isn't mine, I don't know how the others involved in the taking of it feel about it, and for that it should come down.

And since language is so very deceptive, there is no real way out of this conundrum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home